The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staffing Profile lines - Validations for RP and Role

Highlighted

Staffing Profile lines - Validations for RP and Role

Hello,

On the Staffing Profile when a new position is added, we have a requirement where either:

a) When the user selects a "Role Required", the Resource pool field should display all RP that have the particular role

b) When a user selects a Resource Pool, the Role field should display all Roles under the particular Resource Pool.

More like we would like one field to be dependent on another field. Similar to what we can do with request types. I'm struggling with trying to decode the token to use.

I've tried [RSCP.RSC_POOL_NAME] and get a token unparseable error.

However if I hardcode the RP token to [RSCP="Network Engineering".RSC_POOL_ID], I get the valid roles associated. Is there a way to get this token to work, without needing me to hardcode the values?

Has anyone tried this before. Attaching a screenshot too for more details.

Thanks
Nisha
2 REPLIES
Johannes Y
Regular Collector

Re: Staffing Profile lines - Validations for RP and Role

Hi,

In PPM 8 youll get a search function within the add position dialogue that shows the information you are after.

/Johannes

Re: Staffing Profile lines - Validations for RP and Role

Thanks for the info. Do you know of any solution for PPM 7.5 since we are currently on this version.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event