Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Sorting Meeting Instances

Highlighted
Carolyn Barmeie
Trusted Contributor.

Sorting Meeting Instances

When a user looks for a meeting instance from a meeting request, the Find only searches on request #. The other two columns in the screen are Description (a trunication of meeting type, date and time) and Empty? which appears to show request type). Can another field be added to this filter screen? Is there a way to filter on the the trunicated description field?

On that subject, can the description be trunicated in a different order?

Thanks, Carolyn
5 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Sorting Meeting Instances

Hi Carolyn,

Are you searching from the Search Requests menu item under Demand Management? Couldn't understand the whole scenario on what exactly the user is doing. Can you please elaborate it further or can you attach the screenshot of the screen where you are looking at this functionality? That would help in understanding the exact issue.
Carolyn Barmeie
Trusted Contributor.

Darshan,

This is when you are on the Meeting Request, and filtering on the field, Meeting. It provides you with a list of all open instances. I have attached a screen shot as well.

Thanks, Carolyn
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Carolyn,

I've not seen that request type before, but it looks like what you want to do is further configure the validation behind that "Meeting" field on the request type.

You can add more columns & filter fields to the validation (to break out meeting type, date, etc) so your users can search easier on all those fields. Look at how the validation 'PPM - User Id - All' is configured for an example of how this is done.
Carolyn Barmeie
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks Guys,

I have been able to add new columns but I cannot do a Find on any column except Request Type. The other two columns I show are concatenated fields. Would that prevent me from finding a value in that column?
Carolyn Barmeie
Trusted Contributor.

OK, I found the answer.

I used this statement:

WHERE Upper(req.description) like '%'|| Upper( '?') || '%'

and I was able to 'Find' on the column (Description)I needed to for anything contained within the values of the column.