Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone had problems applying sp2 (8.02)?

Highlighted
Johan Holmqvist
Occasional Contributor

Someone had problems applying sp2 (8.02)?

Environment: Windows. Cluster on same hardware, same PPM_HOME. We are also using MLU (Multilanguage that might do it a bit specific). SP2 installation went just fine (used the latest sp2 from HP as they re-released the sp due to installation problem) no errors. Everything were distributed to all cluster nodes just fine. Then I ran kUpdateHtml.sh. Cleared server/client caches. The nodes starts up just fine and most things works but when accessing
http://server.domain.se/itg/dashboard/app/portal/Assets.jsp an error pops up saying:
Dashboard Error in page "Assets.jsp".
'Could not get property name of com.mercury.dashboard.model.module.Module@478ebc'.
Dashboards are not accessible at all, they do not function, everything else seems fine though.. I can see the following in the serverlog:
"Processor3:com.mercury.dashboard.arch.web.tag.DSHPageInfoTag:2010/
08/17-09:21:31.903 CEST: com.hp.mlu.common.MLUException: Could not get property name of com.mercury.dashboard.model.module.Module@1be5d17
JSESSIONID=7DA26D5EFB4222DBDE32BC52D1F46A2E.PPM_VE_USR_1,USERNAME=UJWA:TP" which might indicate MLU problems. Have hp released any new stuff for MLU and sp2? I know they did for sp1.. the sp2 documentation does not state anything about that.
"It work´s but I have´nt tested it"
4 REPLIES
hyllplan
Frequent Visitor

Re: Someone had problems applying sp2 (8.02)?

We discovered that the cluster nodes were having different dashboard.wars..
(SRV) an exploded dasboard.war (dir)
(USR_1) an dashboard.war -file without Swedish lang
(USR_2) an dashboard.war -file WITH Swedish lang

Facts:
- With SP2 all dashboard.wars should be exploded.
- 'kDeploy -lang sv' have only updated one node...
- The kJSPCompiler did not like USR_2 it bailed on me. Sometimes on USR_1 as well. Running SP2 it expects an exploded dashboard.war (dir)

Manual solution:
I exploded the USR_2 dashboard.war (the one with a swedish langpack) copied it to all three nodes, recompiled cleanly. After that dashboards works, no errors in serverlog.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

You have a Swedish LP? Did you create that yourself?
hyllplan
Frequent Visitor

Yes we did using Lang Builder
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Would be cool if you talked with HP to get this into the standard LP distributable. We have 9 languages deployed so far, but there are still some we could make use of, others probably too.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event