Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip "Not submitted" status when creating a child request

Highlighted
AndreiPetrisor
Acclaimed Contributor

Skip "Not submitted" status when creating a child request

Hello,

Is there a way to create a chilld request from an existing request, but the child requested to be sent directly to the first step in the workflow (the not submitted status to be skipped)? Something similar with ksc_create_project command eventually?

The version that I'm using currently using is: Version 9.14.0005.

Your input is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Andrei

6 REPLIES
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Re: Skip "Not submitted" status when creating a child request

Hi Andrei,

If you want that the child request should skip Not Submitted then do the following

1)  open the workflow of the request..

2) Go to Workflow tab of the workflow

3) There is a dropdwon list "First Step"

4) Set it to your required first step...

and then save it.

now all the requests would start traversing from the step set above...hope this helps!!

Thanks!!

Mohit Agrawal

:: Click KUDOS if you like and Accept as Solution if this resolves your query..

Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

I think what you are looking for is the ksc_copy_request command.  You can change the Request Type and Workflow with this command, so you don't have make a copy of the exact same type of request, similar to how you use the ksc_create_project from the Proposal request type.  One of the parameters of ksc_copy_request is SUBMIT.  Setting this to 'Y' will automatically submit the request when it's created, thus skipping the Not Submitted step.  This command also parameters for setting up the relationship between the new and old request.  I've used this several times for creating child requests from top level requests.

AndreiPetrisor
Acclaimed Contributor

I tried to use that command, but in case the created request is different (in terms of request type and workflow), it will reach in the first status, but there is no transition available (status section along with Graphical View, Approval Details and Transaction Details are missing as well).

Do you happen to know why is it behaving like this?

Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

When you are specifying a different Request Type, are you also specifying the correct Workflow?  I seem to remember that I had to specify the workflow there as well, or it would end up with the Bug Report workflow.

AndreiPetrisor
Acclaimed Contributor

I used both approaches: either specifying the  workflow_id parameter in the ksc_copy_request command  or by setting the PROCESS_RULE to "Y" so the workflow assignment rule is being processed. Anyway, both times the workflow field was populated with the proper value.

Kind regards,

Andrei 

skbd
Regular Collector

Not sure if you are still running into this issue, but in the formation of the ksc_copy_request command, you need to ensure you set parameter SUBMIT = "Y" as in the example below:

ksc_copy_request REQUEST_TYPE_ID="31033" WORKFLOW_ID="32341" COPY_FIELDS="Y" COPY_NOTES="N" CREATE_REFERENCE="Y" REF_RELATIONSHIP_ID="15" SUBMIT="Y" PROCESS_RULE="Y" USER_ID="[SYS.USER_ID]"

EDIT: I see that Jason N. has already provided this answer - my bad.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event