Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Single Approval from Each group listed

Highlighted
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Single Approval from Each group listed

Hello Everyone,
I have an interesting schenario where we currently have one multi-select enabled field where users can actually list the various groups that they will request approval from.
eg. Approval needed from: A;B;C .
We recently have a case where one of those approval groups eg. group C has multiple group members BUT we just require single approval from anyone in that group.
So, the process that we are using right now by routing the request to one "Approve-All" step for Approval from all listed groups will quite not work here. I was wondering if anyone of you have dealt with similar schenario somehow in an efficient way.
I am just trying to avoid having individual steps for each and every one of those groups.
Any kinds of ideas will be appreciated !!
Thanks.
-Raj
4 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Single Approval from Each group listed

Any Suggestions ?
Alexander (Sua)
Super Contributor.

Hello
The simpliest ways I see to do what you do not want ))
To add execution step where check if in approval group is Group C. And if it is than move to separate step with "Decisions Required" = ONE

Or another idea (may be wrong) - but also requires additional step.
Add transaction (error by timeout) to an execution step where to check who did not give an approval - if only members of group C, than go forward, if no - back to initial step
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Had to create a Sub-workflow with dedicated approval step for each approval group. Not quite efficient but it is getting the job done for now.
-Raj
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

see above.