The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short cuts in PPMC

Highlighted
Rj2413
Super Collector

Short cuts in PPMC

Hi

could you please provide us short cuts which is used in PPMC while creating project.

I) creating and deleting position

II)adding multiple skills

III) cancel projects

etc.,

it is very helpful for our process.

regards,

J. Revathy

10 REPLIES
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Re: Short cuts in PPMC

Hi Rj,

the question is too general.

While most stuff is explained in the guides, I don't really know what you mean with shortcuts.

You have a menu create -> projects and create -> Staffing Profiles but if you want to make sure that all relevant references between entities are valid and enabled, you create a Staffing Profile by using the link in the newly created project. You can also simply access the workplan from the project. You can also easily via link access the financial summary from the project via a link... Thus in the created project the shortcuts are there.

You cannot associate mutliple roles or skills to a single resource.

Cancelling projects are a matter of options in the workflow, paired with the right access grants etc.

we might be able to give a hint or two about a certain corner or module or two as well as pointers to certain guides as such, be surely won't be able to give you a workshop here based on the options that are available to you in configuring and customizing PPM.

Thus, to be aware of your needs in configuring business processes and mirror them to PPM is one thing. asking a question about a certain PPM-situation that needs configuration is something totally different.

Therefore, please be more specific in what you are doing at a certain point, where it doesn't match your expectations, check the relevant guides and if it's not clear in there or not mentioned, ask a topic question that we can clearly understand and then answer to .. ;-)

HAve a great day.

Best regards,

Dirk

Rj2413
Super Collector

we are planning to implement some ideas, within PPMC so please let us know whether we can simplify the process with some automation.
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Rj,

uhm, I was actually looking for some specifics but the reply is even more vague.

All options that you have regarding setup, configuration etc are in the guides. For non-out-of-the-box requests, you can ask a SPECIFIC request here as to what you want to do where and when and how and someone might be able to help you.

Alternatively, an HP Partner or Professsional Services Organization might be able to to assist to implement automation.

Best regards,

Dirk

Rj2413
Super Collector

Hi

Could you please explain how to create a multiple projects with in a specific time

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi ,

you can use the Commands, Tokens and Validations guide to see how you can use special commands to create projects. Find the special commands themselves in the Workbench.

You can configure workflows to use commands to suit your specific business needs.

Best regards,

Dirk

Rj2413
Super Collector

Hi Dirk

Kindly Thnk you for replying our queries and assisting us with the necessary douments. Dirk we actually work at the functional level and we dont have any access to check at the backend level with respect to the coding part of ppmc. We are looking something  from the application front end point of view.

dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Rj,

I don't know if you are looking at the guides that explain what I wrote above in more detail. Nothing that I wrote above needs backend access or knowledge of PPM code, which we don't supply anyway. You can use the Workbench to create, modify the entities and create automation for prjoects or any other entitiy by setting up the workflow accordingly and using special commands in the workflow steps.

I suggest making yourself familiar with PPM to know what the guide is talking about.

Best regards,

Dirk

Rj2413
Super Collector

Hi Dirk

It would be better if we can have a chat through communicator(Lync) kindly find our below mail id's attached, so that we can discuss in brief and communicate our requirements.

revathy.j@hp.com
anand.rangarajan@hp.com

It would be great if you can help us in reaching our goal.

regards,
J. Revathy
Rj2413
Super Collector

Hi Dirk

we can also share our desktop to you

please do needful

we need your support.

regards,
J. Revathy
dirkf
Honored Contributor

Hi Rj,

I'm part of PPM-support and as such have made you aware of several options that you have to configure and customize PPM. I cannot share expertise on how to customize PPM as such, since my daily work doesn't involve that. You have three possible options available to you:

- open a thread that clearly defines a certain task that you need to perform and where you have the problems to do so. In that way, someone here in the forum may be able to assist you.

- contact HP Professional Service Organization via your local sales account. PSO is set up escpecially to do this kind of work.

- contact an HP Partner for assistance.

Again, as HP Support, I cannot and neither may I suggest changes based on customization.

Good luck on your endeavour.

Best regards,

Dirk

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event