The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Term Disability issues

Highlighted
andy mcmahon
Regular Collector

Short Term Disability issues

Hello.

We are a rather large company, and HR is not buying that we need a manager to put in time for someone who is on Short Term Disability. We've thought about disabling the user, but when we re-enable them, they would show as delinquent for all the time they were out. Is there a way to get around this, without having the user or the user's manager enter time for them while they're out?
6 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Short Term Disability issues

Hi,
Disable the User for now, Once the manager returns back, Change the Start date to the date when he returns.

By this way the name will NOT appear in the deliquent timesheets.

We will do this for all ladies who leave on maternity leave.

Regards,
Mahendran M
andy mcmahon
Regular Collector

Thanks for the reply!

I just want to make sure of a few things. Will this effect time that they have previously entered? Will it effect any reporting? Will it effect any resource allocation?

I guess I could ask, does it have any negative effect that I need to know about?
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

You could also just change the user's time sheet policy to one that doesn't require him to submit time sheets.
andy mcmahon
Regular Collector

Erik,

I thought about that option, but when they came back, and I gave them the old timesheet again, wouldn't they show up as delinquent?
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

In that case it will show the deliquent timesheets, I hope it will not give any problems checkup the resource Management Capacity, It may affect things there.

Regards,
Mahendran M
andy mcmahon
Regular Collector

I'm sorry. In which case. We have two potential soltions:

1. Disabling the user and then changing his/her start date.

2. Moving user's time policy, and then changing it back.

Were you saying that either of these may mess with delinquent reports?
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event