Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Cost Rules

Highlighted
Ravi Kumar Jha
Occasional Advisor

Setting up Cost Rules

Hello,

I have got a requirement in our project to setup cost rules for different resources like contractors/employees. We are not using Time Management and we are loading actuals in workplan from a third party tool directly from backend. Will the cost rules work in this scenario?

Also, if a cost rate of $50 and $75 is setup using cost rules for the month of november and december respectively and a task in the workplan is scheduled from 1st november to 31st december then would it calculate costs based on different cost rates for both months?

Please support.

Thanks,
Aditya

2 REPLIES
Ravi Kumar Jha
Occasional Advisor

Re: Setting up Cost Rules

We are using HP PPM 7.5 SP5. Please let me know if anyone has worked on cost rules before.

Thanks,
Aditya

Daniel Galvez
Collector

Re: Setting up Cost Rules

Hi Ravi Kumar Jha,

As I know you can set up rules to work in specific periods for specifics roles and the cost can be different for both periods. You have to consider that PPM use the costs rules in the configuration of the project, there you have to activate the financial management and you have two options the automatic and the manual. If you choose automatic PPM will use the cost rule per resource role assigned an then based in the effort will calculate the cost for the activity from the work plan.
Remember that PPM calculates the cost of the activity like this
activity = cost_rule_role(this cost are in hours) * effort_task

I hope helped...
Kind regards,
Daniel
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event