Setting The Best Timeout Transition

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Emir Gocen
Trusted Contributor.

Setting The Best Timeout Transition

Hi,

We are tyring to apply the best timeout transition for "use workflow step source". HP Support has provided the information that by default PPM does not have a setting to postpone the timeout if it happens to coincide a weekend day. As a result we had to apply a workaround, increasing it to "5 days" instead of the good old & short "2 days". Is there anyone with a customization to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Emir
6 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Setting The Best Timeout Transition

Hi,
there should be the option of workdays (in addition to days) which should exclude weekends (and holidays as configured in the calendar).
Emir Gocen
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Sascha,

Where exactly is that option? Is it through a token or directly by enabling something?

Thanks.

Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,
it is where you configure the timeout, in the wf-step or its source. I'll attach a screenshot; do you have less options there?
Regards
Sascha
Emir Gocen
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Sascha,

Our PPM is in English, I assume you mean "weekdays" and it corresponds to the workdays. Am I right?

Thanks.
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

Yes, should be it, we've been using it in several workflows without any issues to my knowledge.
Emir Gocen
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

As Sascha pointed out, if you use constant weekdays parameter in timeout transition you can postpone the automatic closure in weekends and holidays of yoru regional calendar.

Emir