Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Sending a request from one step to another - Reopen Request

Highlighted
eadscasa
Regular Contributor.

Sending a request from one step to another - Reopen Request

Hi, i've a question respect a this situation, i would try to reopen a request, i try to applying the function:
move_request_workflow
(p_request_id
,p_user_id
,p_from_workflow_step_seq
,p_event
,p_result_visible_value
,p_schedule_date
,p_delegate_to_username
,p_to_workflow_step_seq
,p_run_interface )
and doesn't return the result like expect, this function works fine when the request is in any step except in step complete, someone can tell me why? or any kind the support for realize this reopen request.

Thanks!
7 REPLIES
Kari Sweeney
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Sending a request from one step to another - Reopen Request

There is an option on the workflow (workflow tab) to set which step you want to be the Reopen step. (underneath the 'First Step' setting.)
So, for example, if you want to re-open a request and put it on step 5 of your workflow, you can select step 5 as the 'Reopen step'.
Once you add this setting to the workflow, and save it, if you open up the request, scroll doen to the 'status' section, and in place of the usual 'Cancel Request' grey button in the lower right corner of the status section, will be a 'Reopen Request' grey button. Click on the reopen request button, and the workflow will move back to the re-open step you defined (step 5 in this example.
This change will be effective for ALL requests in a closed status that used that workflow.
Once you're done reopening the specific request, you can remove that setting, and the option will go away for all the other closed requests.
One note:
Before you make this change to your workflow, make sure that the request you are wanting to re-open, is not open on your machine (and try to make sure no-one else has it open either).
eadscasa
Regular Contributor.

Thank you for reply, but i knew this option, and this is not applied for my case, i want to do this step, without push the button reopen. I want to pass the status close to another step using a procedure. This procedure has to permit change the status through a event. This is why I try to use the function move_request_workflow
(p_request_id
,p_user_id
,p_from_workflow_step_seq
,p_event
,p_result_visible_value
,p_schedule_date
,p_delegate_to_username
,p_to_workflow_step_seq
,p_run_interface )

Thnxs!
Zdenka
New Member.

Hi,

try to change status from "close" to "in progress" for closed requests.

update ppm7.kcrt_requests set status_code='IN_PROGRESS' where request_id='11111';

Then try function again.
eadscasa
Regular Contributor.

Hi. i did the change before and works correctly just when the state is different of "Close", this is the reason why I ask if anyone knows how is the correctly form to reopen a request in state "Close" without push the button reopen. I don't understand why the function (move_request_workflow)
works fine in any state except in state "Close". Thank You
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

move_request_workflow uses the workflow transaction interface (kwfl_txn_int) which may not handle re-opening a request.

Do you get any errors in KNTA_INTERFACE_ERRORS?
eadscasa
Regular Contributor.

Thank you for reply, i don't have any row in the KNTA_INTERFACE_ERRORS table. Then how can i do re-open a request in "Close" state?
eadscasa
Regular Contributor.

Hi everyone. The problem that i did have to reopen a request is resolved. I used the function KWFL_WORKFLOW_INSTANCE_SET.reopen_instance_set(p_last_updated_by
, p_instance_source_type_code
, p_instance_source_id
, p_instance_source_set_id
, p_usr_dbg
, o_event_group_id
, o_message_type
, o_message_name
, o_message
)

previously you have to configurate in the Workbench the state dou you want to reopen and to the execute this function the reopen is executed.

Thank you everybody for your help without your comments. I could not been able to find the answer