Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Seeded Request Activity Portlet

Highlighted
eps414
Super Contributor.

Seeded Request Activity Portlet

All,

I am looking for the code used for the Request Activity portlet so that it can be rebuilt using different filters. Can anyone assist on provided that code or letting me know if there is a way to modify the seeded portlet?

Thanks
5 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Seeded Request Activity Portlet

I am not sure whether you can modify an OOTB HP portlet, but if you want to find the Query which gets fired, eable the 'JDBC Logging' (Workbench -> Menu -> Edit -> Debug Settings -> Check the check box 'Enable JDBC Logging') and you will find the log created in the server log area.

Disable the logging once you get the logs.

Alternatively I hope the Java code will be saved in a JSP file, You can search the Application server files, the file will most probably contain the same name as that of the portlet.

Regards,
Mahendran M
eps414
Super Contributor.

The suggestion doesn't actually display the portlet SQL. Any other suggestions?

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Enabling jdbc logging does put the query in the log file. You will find it in $ITG_HOME/server//log/serverLog.txt. With this query, you can derive a custom data source and portlet that behaves the way you want.

I have not been able to locate the source for the OOTB Java portlets so I cannot help you with that quest.
eps414
Super Contributor.

Yeah I have the SQL code all figured out, but specifically for this Activity portlet even the column titiles are dynamic based on the date. This is why I am specfically looking for the source code, so that I could attempt to re-write and import as a new java portlet.
koya
Super Contributor.

If you want to write a new one why dont you create a new portlet on a j2ee container like Tomcat.

Make the connection to PPM DB from your tomcat server. Import that portlet as a WSRP portlet to PPM and you will get good. You can do that if the custom portlet will not work for you.

regards,
Koya