Did you mean: 

Security on a workflow step using a User defined token

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Linda Gregory
Super Collector

Security on a workflow step using a User defined token

I'm using Demand Manager and have created a custom field in the Request Header. I would like for whomever is defined in that field to be able to approve a workflow step.
The Validation assigned to this token is a autocomplete list of Usernames. Our tokens for Username and User_ID names both pull the same value. The token is [REQ.P.P_CHANNEL_LEADER]
I have copied this token and have used it in the security field of the decision step in the workflow that I want them to be able to approve.
This user is in the security group PPM User and has the access grant of Demand Mgmt: Edit Requests.
When I log in as the user that is populated in this field, I still am not able to approve that workflow step. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to work?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Security on a workflow step using a User defined token

Hi Linda,

When you say "Our tokens for Username and User_ID names both pull the same value" do you mean that the columns returned by the validation are only retrieving the username values instead of userid, username?

If you look in the Approval Details of the request, does the person show up there as [No Decision], which would mean that the token resolved but that there is a security issue somewhere else that is not allowing them to act on it? Or is it just blank?
Linda Gregory
Super Collector

Hi Erik,

When I say our tokens both pull the same value, I meant that we have the same values in both fields for Username and User_ID. I stated this because you have to pick one or the other when adding to the security tab in the WF.

In the approval details it does say No Decision (I also gave PPM Administrator access to this step and it says No Decison as well)

Thanks

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor
Solution

Right, usually in validations P.TOKEN corresponds to the userid and VP.TOKEN corresponds to the username so you would pick the token AND type (from the dropdown) in the workflow step security to match up correctly.

But if you are seeing the person's name in the Approval Details with a [No Decision] then it sounds like you have the token working right, but that person has another security problem preventing action.

User has DM license?

User Access tab on Request type has your 'PPM User' security group (or you could use your [REQ.P.P_CHANNEL_LEADER] token) with Edit rights checked?
Linda Gregory
Super Collector

Awesome, that was it. I added the token as suggested and now it works. I thought that since the default had "ALL Users" that all users could create view and edit.

Thanks!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event