cancel

Security Group Migrator

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dana Swanger_1
Valued Contributor.

Security Group Migrator

Is it possible to create a deployment object type to migrate security groups? I tried copying the validation object type and changed everything to the security group entity id 15, etc. but it won't migrate any security groups. It closes with a success status but the log shows this (note that the object does NOT exist on the import environment):

Errors:

No errors were found in the import. The following are for your information only.
Source of error Severity Error message
Entity: Security Group
Object: TEST_SECURITY_GROUP
Information No HP Project and Portfolio Management objects were imported because the Security Group TEST_SECURITY_GROUP already exists in this PPM instance. (KNTA-10650)

Message name: MIG_SKIPPED_TOP_OBJECT

Objects:

Objects:
Entity Name Existed before import? Import action
Security Group TEST_SECURITY_GROUP Missing Not created
2 REPLIES
Sviatlana
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Re: Security Group Migrator

Hello,

I'm not really sure what exactly you are doing. But as it was mentioned here before, you can migrate Security Groups by migrating a workflow for example.
Create a workflow with just 1 step, put the Security Groups you want to migrate to the Step Security tab and migrate that workflow with the option Add missing security groups.
After that you can delete the migrated workflow if you don't need it.
Security groups will be empty though. The participants are not migrated.

Hope that helps,
Svetlana
Dana Swanger_1
Valued Contributor.

Re: Security Group Migrator

Thank you very much for the information. I did know about the Add Security Group option so figured I could do some sort of workaround like what you described but I was attempting to actually set up an Object Type to migrate security group objects like a request type or any other standard object between environment. From what you're saying, it sounds like this has been brought up before and what I'm trying to do might not be feasible with current 7.1 functionality. :-)