Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Search a table component field in a request form

Highlighted
vatsan
Valued Contributor.

Search a table component field in a request form

Can search be activated on a column in a table component? I don't think there is a direct way to do this. As Search radio buttons are disabled for table component fields. What would be the best way to make the fields from a table component appear in the Advanced Search Page?
5 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Search a table component field in a request form

I hope it is not possible, If you want to have a contant Table Componenent field as a filter, You can go for JSP Change, But that would be complex and not supported by HP.

You can go for Custom Portlet. Kindly let me know if come to know any easy workarounds.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Right, I think this is a major limitation with table components.

You could use SQL similar to the following to create a custom "search" portlet or report...

select * from kcrt_table_entries te, knta_parameter_set_fields psf
where request_id =
and te.parameter_set_field_id = psf.parameter_set_field_id
and psf.parameter_token = ''
Jyotir ++
Super Contributor.

Hi,

We have been facing many Table Component issues , as we can't put rule on this fields, no rounding off on total values and many more.

Please let me know if any one have any idea how to put SQL or JS rules on TC.

Thanks in Advance.

Jyotir
himanshukumar
Trusted Contributor.

Jyotir,

For updating the TC values through rules you would need to create a hidden field. The rule will call a function that will update the TC values and the return of that function would be updated in the hidden field.

Thanks!
Himanshu
vatsan
Valued Contributor.

Himanshu,

The problem with table components is rules don't work correctly. If we delete an entry from the table component, no rule is activated. So, we can't remove that from the hidden field. And entries are deleted and added to the database table only after the user hit the 'save' in the main request form. So, it is impossible to capture the changes to the table component with the current way it is set-up.