Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Schedule Warning Rules in Project

Highlighted
Sviatlana
Trusted Contributor.

Schedule Warning Rules in Project

Hello,
I've come to a problem with the Schedule Warning Rules in Project. When using the default WBS Template in Project Type, the project will be created from the proposal taking Planned Start Period as starting date for the WBS. Then when we wish to change the Planned Start or Planned Finish Period you get a error message and the entry can't be saved.
I assume it is due to the check option "Project Date Conflicts" in the Schedule Warning Rules. However this option is greyed out and can't be "turned off".

Any clue how to override the error or make up an automatic synchronisation between Planned Start and WBS date?

Thank you for advise.
Svetlana
2 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Schedule Warning Rules in Project

What PPM version? It may not be the WBS but the staffing profile and/or budget dates that are causing the issue. We've had some cases where we had to detach them from a proposal, change the dates on everything, then re-attach them. I have an open case with Support on this.
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Schedule Warning Rules in Project

Hi Sviatlana,

The option is greyed out by default and can't be turned off. Otherwise it will destabilize the system calculations for the project and all its attached entities. You will have to modify the dates in wbs and all the project entities manually for it to take effect with the new dates.