The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Notification Mail on future date.

Highlighted
bugra
Super Collector

Schedule Notification Mail on future date.

Hello,

I want to send a notification mail before the scheduled finish date of request comes. Is there any way to schedule a future date mail or sending now to the future ?

Ex:

Request is created on : 4 January 2012 Wednesday

Request Scheduled Finish date : 13 January 2012 Friday.

1- I want to schedule a mail on 4 January to send an e mail  13 January or 10 January.

or

2- I want to send a mail on 4 January but it arrives to user on 10 January or 13 January.

Is this possible in PPM ?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Honored Contributor

Re: Schedule Notification Mail on future date.

Hi,

You can use Time-out feature of the workflow step.

I.e Once the request is created then based on the "Schedule Finish Date" token you can set the Time-out.

Then create another execution step for notification.

So once the time-out occurs the workflow will proceed to next execution step (notfication one) and then the notification is triggered.

For more details you can refer "Demand Management Configuration guide" provide by HP. Go to page 88 and check this section "Configuring Timeouts for Workflow Steps".

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
bugra
Super Collector

Thank you Utkarsh . It seems logical but I am a little bit confused.

1- how can I enter the date for timeout . How can I change the 17.01.2011 date format to remaining days. In here, I have to write 6 days for 17.01.2011 but my token has 17.01.2011.

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

You do not need to use an execution step to send the notification. Set up the notification on the decision step with the timeout with the notification event set to Specific Error and the Error set to timeout.

You will need to calculate the amount of time you want to wait and store the result in a hidden token on the request. This timer can be calculated with Oracle time functions if necessary. You can use minutes, hours or days, depending on how finely you want to control when the timer expires. Keep in mind that the timer will expire only if the step remains active for the whole timeout period.

AlexSavencu
Honored Contributor

Hi, bugra,

We have addressed this requirement by implementing a custom Oracle procedure to check each relevant request and to send the appropriate notification where applicable (for example after a number of days after a specific status change).

Cheers
Asked

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event