Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Schedule Execution date and time field for a Request?

Highlighted
bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Schedule Execution date and time field for a Request?

Hi,

We have many deployment workflows that we use.   When it comes to the Deploy to PROD step, we double click the Eligible button and select Schedule Execution drop down and enter a date and time.  

Is there anyway to do the exact same to schedule a request step to execute at a specific date & time?    See attachment pic

In the HP Deployment Management Users Guide p.116   -->  "If you select Schedule Execution, the Execution Date and Execution Time fields are visible. Select a date and time, and then click OK."

3 REPLIES
Utkarsh_Mishra
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Schedule Execution date and time field for a Request?

You can use time out functionality and use custom token. In custom token use you business rule to populate the value.

Cheers..
Utkarsh Mishra

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
bzdafro
Honored Contributor.

Ok.   We have been doing that but its not as nice as being able to use the out of box schedule execution date and time button.    I wonder if I could use a date token instead of a numeric text field?    I might try that.   It would be nice to see a date & time for the timeout somewhere..vs setting a token to 1500 min etc.   

Thanks for the feedback 

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

Set up the workflow step as a manual execution step. You will get buttons on the request that will look familiar and will give you this functionality. I have attached an example.