Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Scedule Management / ETC Management

Highlighted
Paul Jurowski
New Member.

Scedule Management / ETC Management

Good afternoon,

I am currently working with HPPM v7.1 and would like to understand if there is a way of breaking the link between scheduled end date and duration. As there could be multiple resources charging to each task at different %age utilisation the scheduled effort does not always reflect the correct value.

Thanks,
Paul.
6 REPLIES
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Scedule Management / ETC Management

Paul, good day.
As variant see this view:KRSC_WORK_ITEMS_BY_USER_V
May be it's help you
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Paul, my previouse ansver not for this case:
for breaking the link between scheduled end date and duration you need disable auto calculation effort for task in project setting --"Cost and Effort" tab -->"Scheduled effort in work plan" section-->manualy enter Scheduled effort per task assignment.
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Also,
if in project setting set:allow override of effort calculation mode in work plan, tnen PM can change effort mode directly from each task.
Good luck
Paul Jurowski
New Member.

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your response. I have these settings in line with your sugeestions already - and can therefore change the remaining scheduled effort / end date in line with my requirements. The problem lies when first creating the plan.

If a task has three resources assigned to it over 5 days and the calendar is set to a ten hour day the scheduled effort (locked field) shows 150 hours. Is there a way to change this field in line with the true value - for example 2 hours a day over 5 days x 3 resources = 30 hours?

Cheers,
Paul.
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Also you can chnge this mode(see screen) but this on Russian.
As I understand, you set manual control after creating task. in this case you need change mode directrli from task.
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

forgot: this link awailible from "Resource" tab in tasd details.