cancel

Saved Searches are timing out after upgrading to 7.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Gravity
Regular Contributor.

Saved Searches are timing out after upgrading to 7.1

Searches are timing out which were working fine in 6.2...Anything to do with IE ?
9 REPLIES
Shravan Kathuri
Honored Contributor.

Re: Saved Searches are timing out after upgrading to 7.1

Hi,

Can you tell me which database and version
that you are using?

Thanks
Shravan kumar.
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

We had this same problem. Our resolution was to change the Sort By. When using the Request Number, it timed out, but if we used Application or Last Updated, results were returned.
Gravity
Regular Contributor.

Hi Marlene,I tried changing the sort by but does not seem to work...

Hi Shravan, Oracle version is 10g release 10.2.0.2.0 and PPM Version 7.1.0 SP5
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.
Solution

We had lots of Performance problems with 10.2.0.2. The main cause for us was the following requirement:

Run the following command from
an SQL*Plus session as sysdba.
For details, refer to Oracle bug
number 5455729.
alter system set
"_optimizer_connect_by_c
ost_based"=false
scope=both;

Once we switched it back to true, our performance improved significantly (it had been taking up to 1 hour to complete jump/receive), but still not enough, so we ended up going to 10.2.0.3.

We also had a problem with Searches for certain Users. It has something to do with the way the system searches through Security to determine whether the User is supposed to have access to the Request, along with Access Grants. If someone has the typical Edit Requests Access Grant, we needed to add some Users to the User Access tab of the Request Type to have results returned for them. This was not necessary for all Users; just some.
Gravity
Regular Contributor.

Hi Marlene,

Thank you very much for your reply.Though I have not checked the Oracle part,the other one you pointed on adding user access to the Request Type worked wonders.

I have a question though,the userid when added to kintana administrator account alone resolves the issue,but not when added directly ( user id ) or when a new sec group with edit permission is granted.Any ideas why or if Iam missing something here.

Appreciate your help here.
Marlene Mazzeo
Super Contributor.

I believe it has to do with one of the following Access Grants, which the Administrator usually has, but other Users do not:

Edit All Requests
Override Demand Management Participant Restriction

Not sure if it is a combination of the above or just one or the other.

My thought is that HP's search to find out whether a User has access to a request starts with Access Grants, and if they have one of the above, it just stops there. But if a User does not have one of the above Access Grants, HP then continues to check other Access Grants, Security Groups, User Access, etc.., which increases the search time.

I spent several hours on the phone and via webex with HP on this issue.
Gravity
Regular Contributor.

Exactly got it Marlene.Thank you very much for your time and help...Much Appreciated
Gravity
Regular Contributor.

Use the Override access grants for the users
Brian Graves
Frequent Contributor.

Can anyone provide more information on the two access grants mentioned below. Should these be used universally on all users or will it break my current security model.

Edit All Requests
Override Demand Management Participant Restriction