cancel

SMS notification

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
ROOBESH
Regular Contributor.

SMS notification

Release manager's are often in meeting.When we need an approval, we lost a lot of time before receiving this approval.
=> is it possible to implement a system via HP PPM who sends a SMS to the appropiate RM and to treat the return (response by arrangement 1 = OK ; 0 is KO ).

Is the idea of sending SMS  feasible in HP PPM?

8 REPLIES
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: SMS notification

Hello,

check out the Mobility Access module, available starting from PPM 7.5 SP4. It provides users with the capability to approve / reject from their mobile phones.

cheers

alex

--remember to kudos people who helped solve your problem
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi ROOBESH,

I agree with Alex but it's expensive.
My be you can follow an other way:
If your RM has internet or intranet access by his phone and if he can connect PPM, you can add a notification to appropriate decision step. The notification should have demand link so RM click it and access PPM then give approvement.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, Celil,

If they have access to a SMS gateway, they can send the notification via SMS directly. The problem is that the decision can only be provided either via the PPM GUI, either via Mobility Access.

cheers
Alex

ROOBESH
Regular Contributor.

Hi Alex, Thanks, I appreciate your time and efforts
ROOBESH
Regular Contributor.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your time and efforts.

We are currently using Version 7.1.0 SP6.

How can we upgrade to the version required.

How much does it costs?

Thanks in Advance

Roobesh

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello,

you do not need to upgrade, you just need to buy the Mobility Access license and perform the appropriate configuration.

If you would like to engage us in a contract, please feel free to contact me in private.

cheers

alex

ROOBESH
Regular Contributor.

Hi Alex,

Can you explain me how the Mobility access module works.......Will it have any effect on the already existing modules(we currently have demand management )?...........Can you give a rough estimate for the new module?

It would be really helpful for us

Thanks in advance,

Roobesh

AlexSavencu
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

first of all you should know that PPM 7.1 has been out of support for quite some time now. The minimum version which supports Mobility Access if PPM 7.5 SP4, but this is also out of support.

I would strongly recommend upgrading to PPM 9.12 and then implement Mobility Access. Please note that the upgrade path is 7.1 -> 7.5 -> 8.0 -> 9.10 -> 9.12.

As for the pricing, please contact me in private as I cannot share this information publicly.

Best Regards,

Alexandru Savencu