Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running report from workflow execution step

Highlighted
Vibhor Dwivedi
Regular Collector

Running report from workflow execution step

Is it possible to run a jsp report from a workflow execution step.

I am able to submit a report using work flow step but it is throwing exhausted result set error.

Please share if any OOTB command or plsql package currently existing in ppm which supports automated report submission from execution step.
12 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Running report from workflow execution step

I don't know why you couldn't, but why would you want to? Is it returning a valid transition value for your step?
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

One of my clients wanted to do this to speed up the PMO Project Status Report. OOTB, it's a two step process: submit the request with some status information and then submit a report. They wanted to have the report automatically created once the project information was approved.

We also ran into a problem initially. I don't remember exactly what the error message was, but I think it was you are seeing. What we did to fix the problem was to add a hidden field to the request type with the token of REPORT_ID. Then in the execution step, you run a select command to get the next item from knta_report_submissions_s and store it in the REPORT_ID token. Then this value gets passed to the ksc_run_jsp_report in the list of parameters.
Vibhor Dwivedi
Regular Collector

Hi,

You can find the error log which is getting generated during report run...

We have the same requirement as jason mentioned of generating a PMO report from a project status request ,without manually submitting it.We are fetching the new report submission id from a sequence from DB and keeping it in parameter list of report...

Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Can you post the commands in your execution step?
Vibhor Dwivedi
Regular Collector

Hi,

PFA the command i am using for calling JSP report from workflow execution step.

All the values are hard coded right now including the latest report id which we are picking up from the latest report no. +1.

I copied this command to a blank report in ppm without any parameter and then i am able to run that report successfully.

But from work flow execution step this is throwing the same error which i mentioned in last post.

i am changing the report id and out_basefile parameter after each run so no possibility of error due to those parameters.
Jason Nichols K
Honored Contributor

Here's the commands that we use for our report:

ksc_run_jsp_report /web/knta/drv/rpt/PSR.jsp
REPORT_ID=[REQD.P.REPORT_ID]
USER_ID=[SYS.USER_ID]
OUT_BASEFILE=rep_[REQD.P.REPORT_ID].html
PSR_REQ_ID=[REQ.REQUEST_ID]
ksc_end_report_parameters

We pass in the PSR_REQ_ID so we can pull the data out instead of sending them all over as parameters. One thing I also noted was that your OUT_BASEFILE did not have the html extension on it.
Varun_PPM
Super Collector

Any Solution for this problem.We are also facing the same issue..

Jason any idea what validation you had used in step source of execution step.

Regards,

Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

I bet you could also do this by setting up the report execution as a request type command and then having your execution step call the command...there's a standard step source for this with default transitions, I think...

Varun_PPM
Super Collector

We want to create a report from a workflow execution step.

This is a package workflow so request is not there.

Right now result valdation "WF - Standard Execution Results"

We are getting the below error on execution.

Error running report. Exhausted Resultset

Yogesh2
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi All,

I have a requirement to create a report from workflow execution step,I have tried to run the report from step by executing the below commands:

ksc_run_jsp_report /web/knta/rpt/Test.jsp
REPORT_ID=[REQ.P.REPORT_ID]
USER_ID=[SYS.USER_ID]
OUT_BASEFILE=rep_[REQ.P.REPORT_ID].html
REPORT_DIR=[AS.REPORT_DIR]
ksc_end_report_parameters

REQ.P.REPORT_ID is a field in RT to fetch the next sequence of report id, i have tried to hardcode the report id as well but still it is giving error:

Error running report.
Exhausted Resultset

If any body have experienced on similar kind of error,Please help.Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yogesh

cat_gon
Super Collector

Hi All, May I know if anyone of your got the chance to figure out the solution to this? We have the same requirement and we are getting the same error. Thanks. Cath
ParamMugundhan
Occasional Contributor

Team,

We are also facing the same issue now. Can anyone who has fixed the issue before share what should be done? Appreciate your help on this!

Thanks!!

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event