Rules on PPM 7.5

Highlighted
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Rules on PPM 7.5

Hi,

I'm on PPM 7.5 SP3.
My question is related to the new rule functions on PPM 7.5

I have a workflow with 4 steps. (step 1, step 2, step3, step 4)
Step 1, step 3 and step 4 are decision steps. Step 2 is a execution step
Step 1, step 3 and step 4 have the statuses 1,3,4

Step 1 goes to step 2
Step 2 goes to step 3
Step 3 goes to step 4 and back to step 1
The request type contains a field required in step 3 and step 4.

Now I'm on step 3 the fields are set to required.
When I press the button "Back to Step1"
The system asks for completing the field set to required. But it is not required in step 1.
How can I configure it to set the field not required based on the pressed button of the workflow step?

Any solution for this?
Thank you.

Regards
Volker

5 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Rules on PPM 7.5

Very well, You have a solution.... on the exit of step 2 add a 'OR' step.

If the status of step 2 is 'In Progress' then create a new status called 'In Progress(i)' for that OR step.

On Exit from Step 2, the values will be mandated... On step 2 it will not be.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

This is nothing to do with 7.5 rules.... I am not sure about 7.5 because I have not used it.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Volker Schoettn
Honored Contributor.

Hi thank you for your reply.
But this will not solve the problem.

Because of the execution step between the decision steps. The user is not requested to fill-in something in the step2 required field when the request comes into status of step 2.
This means: The request has required fields in status of step 2 and the user must fill it to continue with the workflow. That is ok for pressing button "go to step 3". But not for button "Go back".
7.5 has some new rule events like "before transition"
I wonder if I can use this rule event to check which button was pressed and setting the fields to not required based on the result of the pressed wf button.

Volker
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Volker,

I'm a bit confused about what you're trying to do. If I get you right, you have a field that is required in 3 but not 1. If the request is on 3, and you're transitioning to 1 then no it won't be required by that transition but it _is_ currently required because it is on 3. And it should already have a value, no?
Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

You want to make the fields required for status 4, not status 3. Then the fields will be required when you transition from step 3 to step 4, but will not be required when you transition from step 3 to step 1.