Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules for one time rule execution.

Highlighted
Raka_1
Collector

Rules for one time rule execution.

I have a rule that copies the value from one field to the other but if i make a change after a first pass it affects the rule again. It is like i fill in some detail in Field 1 it populates field 2 for the fiest time but on the 2nd pass i make update it again affects the field 2. I want to eliminate the execution for the 2nd pass... I have to leave both the fields editable....
6 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: Rules for one time rule execution.

Add a hidden field called Suppress Rule X. Add a dependency to the rule for this field for NULL value. Have the rule set your Field 2 and set a value in the hidden field.
Raka_1
Collector

Jim

what kind of dependency should i set for hidden field and also what dependency should i set for Field 2......
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

The first dependency would be for Field 1 set to any value. The second dependency would be for the hidden field having a null value. The rule would set Field 2 to the value of Field 1 and would set the hidden field to a non-null value.

Note that this only works if you are at a product level that allows the rule to set a value for a field that is listed in the dependency list. I think that was a 7.5 feature but I am not sure. It is supported only for request fields and is not available with Table Component rules.
Mikia
Super Collector

You can add a dependency on your rule:

Field Name-->Field 2
Condition-->is null

so the rule populate the field 2 when this field is blank.

I hope it's correct.

:)
shygirl
Regular Collector

in ppm8 rule window, there is process subsequent rules with default value as Yes, try to change it to No..not quite sure in the correct functionality. hope this will process the rule 1 time only.
Jyotir ++

Hello ,

you can have one more hidden field with default value 0 in whihc you have to populate/store count/sequnce for value change on field 1. just include this field in your rule, this you you can set the rule to trigger as per your choice of count.

select [field1],[field1],[hiddenfield] + 1,[hiddenfield] + 1 from dual

In condition : hiden field value <1.

Hope this well help you!!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event