Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule on Header field change in request detail

Highlighted
Fergal Kavanagh
Occasional Advisor

Rule on Header field change in request detail

Hi,

I am having trouble getting a rule to work. I am trying to load a text field in the request detail with the request ID so I can pass this to another request later in the workflow. The rule is supposed to trigger when the request status field changes but it wont. I have also tryed it with the % complete field in the header

Is there some restrictions with these fields?

rgds

Fergal
2 REPLIES
Dale Colliver
Regular Collector

Re: Rule on Header field change in request detail

The rules on field changes only fire when the user changes a value, not when the system changes it. I have done the same thing you want to do with an execution step at the initial step of the workflow. Pass the token [REQ.REQUEST_ID] to the script and put it back into any custom field that you want.
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Re: Rule on Header field change in request detail

Hi Fergal,

Here are a couple of options you can do:

1. Choose a different field on the form that the user has to change (after the request is submitted, so in some other step in the workflow) so the rule gets fired.

2. Create a new field that user has to change (after the request is submitted, so in some other step) so the rule gets fired.

3. Same as Dale mentioned, write an execution step, that will check the request id after the request is created and then update the value in the field with the request id.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event