The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 10:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule for setting Date

Highlighted
Raka_1
Collector

Rule for setting Date

We have to dates Date Identified and Due Date in the OOB Issue Request Type. but there is no rule around that. What we want is to have the Due Date should not be selected before Date Identified. I would like to do this by using SQL rule rather than going with UI rule.
6 REPLIES
Mahen M
Honored Contributor

Re: Rule for setting Date

Instead of having a rule, Why can't you handle this in Workflow status dependency?

You can make the field "Due Date" mandatory in the previous step and non editable in the current step.

Regards,
Mahen

Regards,
Mahendran M
Raka_1
Collector

but when the user in entering a new Issue they want both these fields and the problem is that when they enter Date Identified they do not want to enter a due date of before the one enter in Date Identified ... it is like when you create a project and enter start date and end date ........you cannot enter the end date before the start date.
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

Have a look at the validation that is used for the planned finish period in the default projekt details requests. It uses a request token for filtering the periods. If I got you right, you want to have to date fields (not periods), so what you need for this is a custom date validation for the second field, that includes a similar filter dependent on the first date field. Unfortunately validations of type "date" are not very customizable. So best way would be UI rules or have the first wf-step validate the dates as Mahen suggested. If it fails -> back to a rework step for the creator.
Raka_1
Collector

how can i use the validation CRT-Date Conditions
Sascha Mohr
Esteemed Contributor

What kind of validation is that?
Raka_1
Collector

This validation gives the conditions but i do not know how to use it.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event