Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Rule Error

Highlighted
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Rule Error

Hi All

I am trying to write a rule regarding dates; I have 2 dates, if Data 1 > Date 2 then Field 1 = Yes, and when Date 1 < Date 2 then field 1 = No.

The rule I have written is:

select case

When ('[REQD.P.HC_ACT_DELIVERY_END_DATE]' > '[REQD.P.HC_PLAN_DELIVERY_END_DATE]') Then 'No'
When ('[REQD.P.HC_ACT_DELIVERY_END_DATE]' < '[REQD.P.HC_PLAN_DELIVERY_END_DATE]') Then 'Yes'

Case

When ('[REQD.P.HC_ACT_DELIVERY_END_DATE]' > '[REQD.P.HC_PLAN_DELIVERY_END_DATE]') Then 'No'
When ('[REQD.P.HC_ACT_DELIVERY_END_DATE]' < '[REQD.P.HC_PLAN_DELIVERY_END_DATE]') Then 'Yes'

From dual

Both the date fields are from the standard 'date' validation'

Any reason why this doesn't work?
3 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Rule Error

Hi Ryan,

Looks like you need a couple of ENDs and a comma:

select case

END,

Case

END
From dual
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Ryan,
the columns in the request details table are of type text, you need to convert the text back to dates in order to use them. The only dates in the table that are of type date/time are the standard columns created, last updated etc.
Ryan Grobler
Super Contributor.

Hi Erik

that works! Awesome! thank you so much!!!