cancel

Risk Assignment / Routing question.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
john.jeremiah
Trusted Contributor.

Risk Assignment / Routing question.

I'm trying to configure automated routing of our Risk request type - TFL_Project_Risk.

The TFL_Project_Risk will have a relationship to a specific Project request type, and
on the Project, there will be a data field "Project Coordinator".
(who will administer our risk mgt process)

When the risk is created, I want the risk to be automatically assigned to the "Project Coordinator".

Since the "Project Coordinator" is a field on the project, I'm looking for suggestions about how the
TFL_Project_Risk can determine and set the "Assigned To" field to be the "Project Coordinator"
from the project.
5 REPLIES
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Risk Assignment / Routing question.

Hi John,
You can create a rule in the Risk request type, As soon as you enter the project name, make a rule to populate the 'Project Coordinator' of the project inot 'Assigned To' of Risk project type.

Regards,
Mahendran M
john.jeremiah
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Mahen,

Thanks, that's exactly what I've been thinking. However since this is a project risk, it should already have the project field populated. I'm trying to use the Risk -- Project reference to resolve to determine the information stored on the project.

I can see the reference stored in KTNA_REFERENCES, where there are two rows that represent the relationship,

select parameter1 from KNTA_REFERENCES where source_id = '100585'

Returns a reference o the Project_id, which does not have the detail data.

I'm sure I could go through the Project_ID to get to the Request_ID and then again throurh the Request_ID to get at the details and the data I want. ... Is there a better way?

Thanks

John
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Why can't you have the 'Project Name' as a field in the Risk Request Page, As soon as the user enters the Project Name there, the 'Project Coordinator' is automatically updated to 'Assigned To'.

There is no need to go to references table at all.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Hi John,

Mahen is right...the default Risk header has a 'Project' field with the token KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF. What we do is use a rule to populate the Request ID (different from Project ID) for that project into a hidden field (P_PROJ_REQ_NO) on the Risk:

select
prj.pfm_request_id,
prj.project_name
from
pm_projects prj
where
prj.project_id = NVL('[REQ.P.KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF]',1)

Then you can easily refer to the related project's REQD tokens from the Risk workflow using a token like:

[REQ="[REQ.P.P_PROJ_REQ_NO]".REQD.P.TOKEN_HERE]
john.jeremiah
Trusted Contributor.

Erik and Mahen,

Thank you both... You are right and that helped. I had overlooked the Project ID field in the Risk (I've also been looking at this problem for other types of related requests)...

I like the approach of storing the REQD for the project in a hidden field - that way I can access the data using a token as opposed to using a rule to look up the data from kcrt_request_details as in the following rule sql:

PROJECT COORDINATOR RULE

select substr(RD.Parameter17 ,1,instr (RD.Parameter17 ||'#@#','#@#')-1) UserID,
substr(RD.Visible_Parameter17 ,1,instr (RD.Visible_Parameter17 ||'#@#','#@#')-1) PC_Name
from kcrt_request_details RD, kcrt_fg_pfm_project PJ
where RD.request_id=PJ.request_id and
prj_project_id= [REQ.P.KNTA_MASTER_PROJ_REF]

------
I was about to ask for suggestions about how to simplify the approach and you beat me to it.

Thanks