Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Rework option in Time Management

Highlighted
mohdebas
Valued Contributor.

Rework option in Time Management

Hi All

In my organization, we have the auto approve option set for time sheet policy and one people submit their timeshet, it gets auto approved. But even after the timesheet gets approved, user can rework on the same. Since there is no manual intervention of approving the timesheet either by timesheet approver or project manager, is there a way of not letting the user to rework on the timesheet?

Also is there any possible way or restricting the user not to rework on a timesheet prior to certain weeks i.e. filling timesheet for this week, he can make changes to 4 past weeks but not the 5th week?

Awaiting for your responses and suggestions.

Thanks!

Regards

Debasish

4 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Rework option in Time Management

Hi Debasish,

unless the timesheet is frozen or closed, a user can unfortunately always edit the same after it was approved, either automatically or by a manager. There is no functionality to prevent that. I've found half a dozen Change Requests to change that, but none have been implemented.

Let me know if you need to be informed of any of the CRs but if you query Self Solve Online for 'approve timesheet rework' you will definitely in my view find one or two of them. Most have been created in a legacy tool and I don't know if all are actually customer-visible. If you want more details, please let me know.

Best regards,

Dirk

- Kudos always welcome -

Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

You could create an execution or report that would update the status of all time sheets older than 4 weeks from Approved to Frozen or Closed...

mohdebas
Valued Contributor.

Hi Dirk

Thank you for your response on this. Could you be kind enough to send me any existing SR raised with HP so that I can communicate the same to my organization regarding the feasibility. Meanwhile, I'll try searching for possible options to overcome the same.

@Erik,

Thank you for your response. Could you please send me the code or logic that you were explaining about just to have an idea on the same.

Regards

Debasish

mohdebas
Valued Contributor.

Hi Dirk

When does the timesheet actually get closed or frozen ?

Regards
Debasish