Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Restricting Resource Overload

Highlighted
sevcan
Super Contributor.

Restricting Resource Overload

Hi all,

I want to restrict the resource overload at least 50% of its normal working hours. For example, if the resource works 8 hours, overload can be 4 hours. Is there a parameter or way to do this restriction?

Thanks in advance,

Sevcan

3 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Restricting Resource Overload

Hi sevcan,

There is no configuration to do it completely. But partly, to distinguish overload and worktime in actuals; I have added new field for seven days of the week namely "overload" to timesheet userdata tab. User, enter all work time to timesheet eg. 10 hour. Then enter overload field 2 hour. We are distinguish them and report both custom portlets or custom reports.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via KUDOS the professionals
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
sevcan
Super Contributor.

Hi Celil,

Tahnk you for the reply. But, this is not exactly what I have been looking for. It is wanted to be able to restrict the overload during the assignment of the resource. When you assign a resource, without checking availability you can assign the resource .We want to able to restrict while assigning the resource.

Thank you,

Sevcan

Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

But there is no other way. The role of the resource pool capacity is to define your current and future resource capacity. In theory and real life, over-allocation cannot be prevented, therefore PPM does not have such a feature.

PS: Please keep alive our forum via KUDOS the professionals

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect