Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Resource planning

Highlighted
Manas Bagde
Trusted Contributor.

Resource planning

Hi All,

A resource RSC1 is included in two staffing profiles sp1 and sp2. He is scheduled to work on project A in April and Project B in May. The project manager of project A assigned Resource RSC1 to tasks and this project is going to take one more month than scheduled time. Now the Project A's end date is May 31st.

Could you let me know how this will reflect in Resource availability? Will PPM alert the resource / two Project managers / resource pool manager about the resource overload?

Also i would like to know where can i see the workplan actuals in staffing profile? (workplan and staffing profile synchronization)

Regards,
Manas
2 REPLIES
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Resource planning

Hi Manas,

I will answer your questions but coould you please answer some open points in your scenerio:

1) SP1 is ProjectA's SP ?
2) You talked about PM of ProjectA but is the PM of ProjectB take any action on Work Plan?

Celil
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Celil
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Resource planning

Hi Manas,

Resource availability depend on your workload configuration. Is workload on SP or WP ?

In my projects if it's an internal IT, in proposal phase workload is on SP. Thus you can see porposals resource requirements on Portfolio Management(Scenerio Comparision). Because Portfolio Management looking SP not WP even not your workload configuration.

After than when proposals become projects workload changing to WP. Project managers make their assignments to tasks in this phase. So you can see resource load in your resource availability screen, resource load.

I enclosed a document which report, sceen or portlet show what is.
Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect