Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Resource Usage report in Work plan

Highlighted
ArunKr
Respected Contributor.

Resource Usage report in Work plan

Hi All,

I wanted to know how the Resoure Usage report in Work plan works. There is not much clear detailed information given in the PPM manuals.

I have a workplan where a resoruce is assigned to a task and is charging time against this task. The task has a scheduled finish date in July but the resource is still charging the time.

When I took the Resource Usage report (from work plan actions button), the report shows the data if the From date is chosen earlier than the task scheduled finish date.

However the report doesnt show any data if the date range selected is later than the scheduled finish date.

I just wanted to know if this the actual case of how the report shows i.e. the report shows the data only if the selected start date is earlier than the scheduled finish even though if there are actuals against the task even after the scheduled finish.

Attached document explains with screenshot.

Could some one test and let me clarify the report behaviour? Thanks.

1 REPLY
alex-h
Super Contributor.

Re: Resource Usage report in Work plan

Hello,

I didn't use Time Management since PPM 7.5 SP1 on a previous customer in 2009.

I got just one remark : the task is stil "Active".

If the task is closed the resource will not be able to charge on it.

And also please check Project Settings > Cost and Effort.

On PPM 9.30 (theses options are available since 9.20 / 9.22 I didn't remember precisely when this option appeared), you will find the following :

After a task is complete, allow time to be logged:
o Day(s) more
o Time period(s) more (for time period in which the task is complete, enter 0)
o Any time
x Do not allow. Resources cannot add tasks that are complete to their timesheets.

So you have now several possibilities to resolve your issue.

Kind regards,

Alex-H