Did you mean: 

Resource Pool - Vacation Allocation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Laureen Cliffor
Occasional Advisor

Resource Pool - Vacation Allocation

Hello, I have been working with Staffing Profiles and Resource pools and I am trying to figure out how to allocate individual resources vacation time.

I have allocated time to projects however without including vacation this is not an accuarate representation of my staffs availability.

Thank you
4 REPLIES
Mark Clifford
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: Resource Pool - Vacation Allocation

Each resource has a calendar in PPM. You can adjust each resources calendar to show Non-working days (like vacation). When you set days on a resource's calendar to non-working the resource's and resource pool capacity is decreased.
You can find the calendar by searching for a resource, opening the resource's profile page and clicking the Calendar tab. Security Access grants need to be in place for managers or resources to edit their calendars.
Laureen Cliffor
Occasional Advisor

I will try this solution. Thank you.
Marnie Combe
Acclaimed Contributor

I understand how to use the calendar functionality, but would like to know if there's a way to extract the information so that I, as a resource manager, can see vacation across my entire team.
sebastianrm
Super Collector

Hi,
I think you cannot see that from an only portlet.

A technical option it to manually register vacations for each resource, which will automatically pull down resources capacity on Resource Pool, and, then build a portlets that consolidates that information.

Second, and a metodology one is to use a vacation request process by making a request type where users (or managers) ask for, since it is suppose that vacations implicates a reassign and an artistic resource redistribution, you may want to digitizes this process. Ones the manager approves vacations you can make PPM itself to set non-working days on resource calendar by using update sql functionality on an execution step.

Hope it helps,

Sebastian
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event