Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Resource Pool Design

Highlighted
ur1
Valued Contributor.

Resource Pool Design

We are currently adjusting our org unit design in PPMC to match closely tou our actual organisational structure.

I am also interersted in others experince with implementing Resource Pools.

My understanding is that resources belong to an Org Unit (PPMC) and are placed in resource pools that reflect the need or skills.

We have a esource pool presently that exceeds 250 resources. There is a 250 limit on some functionality in resource pools and because of the large number of resources in this resource pool, Manage Pool Capacity, View Forecasted Demand, and View Resource Load are not available on this pool.Is a parent child design going to help here?

Also in the resource pool header there is an option to include numbers in child resource pools for a resource pool.

Does this impact the 250 limit on resource pools?

I have been reading the HP manual but can’t seem to find a sufficiently detailed explanation.

| CMC (HP PPM) Administration| Change Portfolio Office | Change Division |
| Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited|PO Box 480 Bendigo Vic 3552|
| email: changeportfolioofficemailbox@bendigobank.com.au |
2 REPLIES
dirkf
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Resource Pool Design

Hi ur1,

in most entities designs, the parent x entitiy max volume also applies to the sub-entitites - such as assets for instance.

To be very sure - I simply don't know - I would take a couple of screenshots of the specific entities (RPs) and their settings and metrics that you describe and submit a ticket with that information, requesting the exact documentation that you require from RnD. We would then open an incident with RnD to get that information and if relevant, either post a knowledge doc or an enhancement to the guides.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

dirk

ur1
Valued Contributor.

Re: Resource Pool Design

OK I will do as you suggest

Wayne
| CMC (HP PPM) Administration| Change Portfolio Office | Change Division |
| Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited|PO Box 480 Bendigo Vic 3552|
| email: changeportfolioofficemailbox@bendigobank.com.au |