cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Mgmt Help

Highlighted
Rich Y_1

Resource Mgmt Help

We're testing request workload updating resource mgmt. When a request is assigned to a user the scheduled est.., start date, and completion date are updated. When I look at resource mgmt the cap and gant chart appear correctly. One of our test is what happens when a request is closed before the scheduled comp date. I listed some tests that I've ran and results below.

Test 1
The schedule start date =3/16, sch comp date = 3/20, and est. = 40.
When assigned the cap shows 8 hrs per day for 5 days and the gant shows open for 5 days
The request is closed on 3/20 and resource workload and gant show correctly

Test 2
When assigned the cap shows 8 hrs per day for 5 days and the gant shows open for 5 days
The request is closed on 3/18
The workload and gant still show going through 3/20

Test 3
The request is closed on 3/18 and prior to closing request the token KNTA_SCHED_FINISH_DATE get updated to 3/18
The gant now shows ending correct on 3/18 but the workload is now showing only 3 days at 13.33 hrs

What we would like to see is that the request ended on 3/18 and the resource spent 8 hrs per day on it.

I've tried updating the actual start and completion dates and this had no impact resource mgmt.

Please let me know if you know of some way to do what we need or if I'm missing something here.

Thank You for any help you could provide
3 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Resource Mgmt Help

Hi Rich,

Which PPM version? Are you using the new resource scheduling options in 7.5?

Sounds like it is trying to cram all 40 hrs into those 3 days...?

Are you able to update KNTA_SCHED_EFFORT to 24 hrs?
Rich Y_1

Hi Erik,

We're running 7.5 SP 3. I can chnage the sch est to 24 and thought that might be the only way to handle this but wanted to see if anyone else had other ideas.

Rich
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

I think that's the only way.

I like the new functionality in 7.5 but there are a few things like this that it seems they haven't thought all the way through. Another is that Closed requests still show up on people's suggested items list for their time sheets. Our feeling is that closed items should not be there, and that a user should have to explicitly add a closed item from 'Add Requests' instead. Or better yet, allow control over how long after closure time can be logged, like it is for projects....
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event