Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Management Best Practices

Highlighted
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Resource Management Best Practices

Does anyone use the Resource Management module extensively, including staffing profiles and resource pools? We're looking for some tested best practices for things like moving resources from one pool to another. This sounds like a simple operation, but has effects depending on the order that you do things.

For example, if a resource is moving to a new pool (functional area) then the old manager needs to zero out any existing staffing profile allocations and either (1) fill the requests with another resource or (2) forward them to the resource's new pool if the work is following the resource so that the new pool manager has the ability to adjust the assignments going forward.

Does anyone have any best practices that they'd be willing to share?

5 REPLIES
Abhi_Agrawal
Regular Collector

Re: Resource Management Best Practices

Hi Erik,

I have some Resource Management best practices documents, but give me some time to search into my Ext. HDD. :} as currently I'm away to my client location.

Regards,
Abhi
Celil
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Abhi,

I will be appreciate if you publish it. Thank you in advance.

Hi Erik,

We are using resource management fully in our PPM. Cloud you please specify your question?

Celil

IT Governance Professional
& PPM Solution Architect
Abhi_Agrawal
Regular Collector

Eric - I've searched my old data on Ext. HDD, but could not get any RM best practices docs. Just give me some time, I will look into my PST files and let you know.
tf_mcbc
Acclaimed Contributor

We are also utilizting Resource Mgt and I would be interested in receiving your best practice documentation.

mohdebas
Super Collector

Hi Abhi,

Would appreciate if you could share the best practive document here in the forum itself.

@Erik - We have been using Resource Mgmt well and integrated with Project mgmt. So could help you with what exact content are you looking after.

Regards

Debasish

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event