cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Capacity

Highlighted

Resource Capacity

Hi,

Is there a way to get/calculate the resource capacity in a resource pool for a given month? There are two entities that PPM uses to calculate a resource’s capacity in a resource pool:

a) From the resource calendar AND
b) If the resource is part of the resource pool for the month. (Pool participation)

I looked to see if there were any available packages that I could re-use, but couldn’t find it.

Our requirement is – to determine the resource capacity for a given month (taking into consideration the resource calendar and resource pool participation).

Thanks!
Nisha
7 REPLIES

Re: Resource Capacity

Just like to add - something similar to the Analyze Assignment Load portlet in the Resource Breakdown page.
Sangiliraja_1
Collector

Hi Nisha,

You can find a Resource capacity for a month in a pool using Manage allocation page in the pool.

In the advanced Filter select the resource, in the period select the month and in display options select "Month". Also we can have it in FTE or hours as required.

I think this helps.

Thanks
Sangiliraja.P
Steph I
Occasional Contributor

You might try the View Resource Load under the Resource Pool. It might break it down the way you want to see it.

Thanks for the responses guys!..

I'm actually looking for the code behind the PPM RM pages to build few custom report. Rather than building the code from scratch, I was hoping if there was something readily available.

Doesn't seem like there is anything though!

Vingerhoeds
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi,

I am currently working on that for a Portlet, by combining resource distribution over (possibly) multiple pools, inclduing the effect of calendars and evevn unnamed headcount. The query is rather complex as I donot exactly know what goes on in the background but am getting close.
It involves:rsc_resource_pools, _distribution, rsc_resources, knta_users, kdrv_calendars, _calendar_exceptions, _working_days, regions.....testing will take a while

Rgs

Arjan
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Hi.
See attach. This sample for work units in periods. Begin, End - command parameters. Change this to needed date.
Semenov Alexand
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry,
previouse file not full.
See this
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event