Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Required vs reconfirm issue

Highlighted
Petrisor Andrei
Valued Contributor.

Required vs reconfirm issue

Hy everybody,

I'm trying to set a field to be required in status dependencies, but when the status is reached, that field is reconfirm and required instead of being only required.
Is it possible that this may be influenced by the high number of fields? (because for smaller requests type, I didn't have any issues, but this request type has almost 100 fields in the request type and almost 50 in the request header type)

Thanks
4 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Required vs reconfirm issue

Hi,

Most likely, it is influenced by the workflow.

Status dependencies work off a lokk-ahead model. If you are at a a spot in the workflow where the request can move forward over multiple paths and not all of the possibilities result in the same request status, then you will see behavior that acts like "reconfirm" because when the request is displayed PPM has no way to know which path you will choose until you click a button. So you will only see the required fields that are common to all the possible status changes, and the others will come up after you make your choice.
Erik Cole
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

Most likely, it is influenced by the workflow.

Status dependencies work off a look-ahead model. If you are at a a spot in the workflow where the request can move forward over multiple paths and not all of the possibilities result in the same request status, then you will see behavior that acts like "reconfirm" because when the request is displayed PPM has no way to know which path you will choose until you click a button. So you will only see the required fields that are common to all the possible status changes, and the others will come up after you make your choice.
Petrisor Andrei
Valued Contributor.

Hi Erik,

I tried the solution that you provided to me, but unfortunately is not working

Thanks
Cris Robin
Respected Contributor.

I got a request type with more then 100 fields and the workflow is even longer.

Sometime, an old status dependency kick-in and past required field once again become required even that in the request status dependencies it is not.

As for HP, they do not know about this problem, but it keeps coming back from time to time.

What I think you should do is to check reconfirm (even you do not want it), save, and deselect it again, save again.

Sagi