The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requests Export and Import

Highlighted
brm2015
Regular Collector

Requests Export and Import

Hello All,

Is it possible to export PPM requests, staffing profiles and programs from one environment and import it in other environment?

Thanks,
BRM

2 REPLIES
Benny Kung
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Requests Export and Import

My company PPMetrics has created a tool called the Excel Inteface (XLI) that can assist with your requirement except for the exporting/importing Programs. It's essentially used to manage and report on PPM data in Excel. PM me if you'd like more info.

Derek Giedd
Frequent Visitor

Re: Requests Export and Import

I started developing database procedures to do this, but have not fully completed it yet due to other priorities. I did see some success but I needed to do some more testing and cleanup. It is not the simplest procedure but it does seem to work.  If you want it, I will try to find some time to clean it up a little and then I can send it to you. The process I used was:

1) Create custom database tables to mimic the request interface tables (kcrt_requests_int, kcrt_request_header_details_int, 

2) Run a custom procedure to retrieve the data from the appropriate tables and store this in the custom tables.

3) Copy the custom table data to the destination environment.

4) Run a custom procedure to move the data to the Interface tables.

5) Run the Import Requests report.

-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event