My company PPMetrics has created a tool called the Excel Inteface (XLI) that can assist with your requirement except for the exporting/importing Programs. It's essentially used to manage and report on PPM data in Excel. PM me if you'd like more info.
I started developing database procedures to do this, but have not fully completed it yet due to other priorities. I did see some success but I needed to do some more testing and cleanup. It is not the simplest procedure but it does seem to work. If you want it, I will try to find some time to clean it up a little and then I can send it to you. The process I used was:
1) Create custom database tables to mimic the request interface tables (kcrt_requests_int, kcrt_request_header_details_int,
2) Run a custom procedure to retrieve the data from the appropriate tables and store this in the custom tables.
3) Copy the custom table data to the destination environment.
4) Run a custom procedure to move the data to the Interface tables.
5) Run the Import Requests report.
-- Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)