The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request workflow approvals using blackberry

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Chirag Bhatt
Acclaimed Contributor

Request workflow approvals using blackberry

We are trying to implement change mgmt using Requests and workflows. One of the requirement is to have users approve requests using their emails via blackberry.

HP Support told me that PSO is having some solution. I am waiting for their feedback.

Let me know if any one tried this before & how it works.
8 REPLIES
Erik Cole_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Request workflow approvals using blackberry

Attached is a doc about it, but we haven't implemented.
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Chirag,
I met the director of R&D the other week and asked him about mobile access (wince, blackberry) to demand mgmt requests. It is not on the current roadmap to support access for mobile devices.
Regards
Sascha
J Bossalini
Super Collector

Has anyone had any luck using a mobile device that includes a real browser, such as the iPhone? My company is getting ready to field trial them with Intranet access through VPN and wondered if it would be viable for PPM access.

-Joe
Chirag Bhatt
Acclaimed Contributor

Thanks Erik for your feedback. That was great help.
Chirag Bhatt
Acclaimed Contributor

Sascha/Joe,

Thanks for your feedback.

Chirag
Chirag Bhatt
Acclaimed Contributor

Hopefully HP implements solution which will allow users to use their mobile devices to access PPM.
Sanjay Valiyave
Super Collector

Hi Chirag,

We have a solution that might suit your need for workflow approval through a smartphone/blackberry.

Please call me on 314 409 4840 or mail me at sanjay.valiyaveettil@patni.com and I'd be happy to set up a demo for you and send you some material.

you can also visit: http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.5179cc2b5bf6406ac6713f8da973a801/?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN&productId=23980

This is the PSO solution and we are also listed on the PPM solution catalog.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Sanjay
314 40 94840
Sascha Mohr_1
Esteemed Contributor

IPhone works quite well, at least for working with requests and displaying dashboard pages. I wouldn't like to create a workplan on the phone though.
Regrads
Sascha
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event