Request reference with project task

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Request reference with project task

Hi all,

I want to reference a request with project task and I got the following error " You need the appropriate privileges to add the reference".
Does somebody can tell me which access grant is missing?

The user can edit requests and proyects.

Regards,
Daniel
13 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor
Solution

Re: Request reference with project task

Hello Daniel,

You will need to give the,

System: Edit Dependent References

access grant to the user and then it should work. Let know if it still doesn't work.
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Darshan,

The group that the user is member already has that access grant.

What else do you think it can be?

Regards,
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hey Daniel,

Can you copy-paste the access grants here that the user security group has? The earlier access grant mentioned should give the access, so I just want to see what all access grants are there for the user to see if there's anything within that required. Thanks.
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Darshan,

Here is the screen shot, let me know if you need more information or what I forgetting to do?

Regards,
Daniel
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

That kind of looks strange. It may be some other issue and not access grant issue. Just to confirm,

1. Is this user the Project Manager of the Project where the reference it getting created on the task?

2. Does this user has the right to act on that request also?

3. Are the security settings on the request and the project giving access to this user to do anything with both these entities?
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi,

1. Is this user the Project Manager of the Project where the reference it getting created on the task?
Yes, the user is a project manager and he wants to reference a risk to a task, he also create that request.

2. Does this user has the right to act on that request also?
Yes, he has the to right to modify, save, interact with that request.

3. Are the security settings on the request and the project giving access to this user to do anything with both these entities?
Yes, he can do all except delete on those ( request and project )

This is the reason that it confuse me. What else can be?

Regards and thanks for the response,
Daniel

P.D. I'm attaching the security tab from the request.
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Don't know if this is a caching issue, but you can try a couple of things to check on that,

1. Relogin with the user.
2. Remove cache from the application by running the script kRunCacheManager.sh -A
3. Restart the server as the last option.

Usually, apart from various other access grants, if the user has the Edit Requests, Edit Projects and Edit Dependent References access grants and also having the access to the request and the project then should be able to create the reference. Try giving all the 'Override ..' access grants and see if that works. If yes, then that would be probably access grant issue only. Let know if that works and we can check on the other possible things also from there.
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Darshan,

Thanks a lot for all your help. Darshan Unfortunately it doesn't works. I don't know what else can be.

Regards,
Daniel
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Even after giving the following overriding access grants, it did not work?

Demand Mgmt: Override Demand Mgmt Participant
Restriction
Demand Mgmt: Edit All Requests
Project Mgmt: Edit All Projects
System: Ownership Override

Is there any restriction setup on the task?
Is it complete or cancelled? Is it happening only on that task or all tasks of that project?
Is it happening on all the projects for that user only?
Is it happening for all the users on all the projects?
Is there any kind of restrictions in the project type setting (I doubt though this will restrict from attaching references, but you can check all the settings in the project type as well).

Can you try creating an entirely new user, new security group, give all these and other access grants to the users, create a new project and try everything fresh?
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Darshan,

I found the reason why it doesn't working... The true it's a little shameful the reason... but for the record... I forgot to enable the demand license to the user. After enable it, the reference start working.

Thanks a lot for all!!!!
Daniel Galvez
Collector

We found the reason of the error.
Darshan Bavisi
Occasional Visitor

Hey Daniel,

That's good news!! Good thing it got resolved finally :-).

But I think you mentioned that the user created his own request, the user is able to edit request and also the project plan, that means the user must be having the Demand Management license already, otherwise he won't be able to create or edit request in the system. Wasn't that the case? How was the user able to create or edit the request? Ofcourse the good thing is issued got resolved, but this just came to my mind, on it was working without the license or how the problem exactly was coming up to the user.
Daniel Galvez
Collector

Hi Darshan,

You are right, the user can create risk,issue and scope change requests and manage projects, so it confuse me a lot because I thought that all the license requirements are find. The user only is member to the security group that I send you before.

Well that issue was very odd...

Again thanks a lot for all the help!!!!
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event