The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
The community will be in read-only from Monday 11:59pm (PT) to Wednesday 7:30am (PT)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request on PPM getting stuck on command type Executions

Highlighted
Gerardo Gamez
Super Collector

Request on PPM getting stuck on command type Executions

Hi,

I'm having a problem on PPM with some requests, when is created a new request the first step of the workflow is a command execution like "ksc_store" and is getting stuck in the execution, and the request status as "Not Submitted" when review the log it displays the following error:  Attachment File could not be downloaded. The File: REQ_70970/REQ_70970_BID_123688.html no longer exist in the server. Please contact your HP Project and Portfolio Management system administrator. (KNTA-10697)

What could I do to avoid this errors? I reviewed the log folder and the log for the execution was not created.

Thanks and regards.

6 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: Request on PPM getting stuck on command type Executions

Check the contents of the table knta_interface_errors. Some error messages are recorded there. If that table does not provide any clues, post the commands that you are executing.

Gerardo Gamez
Super Collector

Hi Jim,

I reviewed the table knta_interface_errors and I have no found any related error.

In this case, the execution is running the following command:

ksc_store NEC_NEGOCIO="[REQ.REQUEST_ID]","[REQ.REQUEST_ID]"

other executions run commands like this:

ksc_store FECHA_REAL_CIERRE="[SYS.ITG_TIME_STAMP]","[SYS.ITG_TIME_STAMP]"

When I review the log folder located on ITG\log path I could not find the folder with the log, which means is not creating the logs

Raj Ghimire
Occasional Visitor

I wonder if you are trying to use the "[REQ.REQUEST_ID]" even before system has assigned a value to that TOKEN. 

So, Just to make sure, can you

• simply SAVE A REQUEST AS A DRAFT first
  • and THEN Submit the Save the Draft (which will already have a request id by then) and see if you see the same error again . 

Thanks .

-Raj

Gerardo Gamez
Super Collector

Hi Raj,

I made an interesting discovering, we have a cluster configuration with 2 nodes, all configuration such as logs, attachments, reports are directed to the principal node, since we can not define at which server to connect when log on on PPM I found when a user is connected to the secondary node it displays the error mentioned above because the system is not creating the log folder for the execution on the principal node.

I turned off the secondary node and only is working with one node and is working fine, now how can I avoid this?

Regards.

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

When you are running nodes on multiple servers, some file systems need to be on shared storage. In particular, the logs, attachments, reports and transfers directories need to be shared. You can find directions for doing this in the Installation and Admin Guide section on Configuring a Server Cluster:

Make sure that the common directories that the servers use (<PPM_Home>/logs, <PPM_Home>/reports,<PPM_Home>/attachments, and <PPM_Home>/transfers) are shared.

Set the permissions for the shared directories so that users of each machine in

the cluster can read from and write to them.

Gerardo Gamez
Super Collector

Hi Jim,

Actually the ITG folder is shared on both nodes, when I connect to the secondary node I tried to access to ITG folder on principal node and created a new folder and new test file on the log folder and works fine, so I don't know why PPM cannot create the execution log folder.

Regards.

//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event