cancel

Request notification question

Highlighted
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Request notification question

Hi all
I use 7.1 sp5
I need create notification on event "Field change". In request Type on tab "notifications" i try create new notification but sysstem allow use only 10 fields as company, assigned resources i.e. I need send notification on "Status" chage to "Canceled" but field status not allowed in list.
As variant i need send mail on "Cancel" button click.
It's need for notifi users who create an request t.e "Dear: Semenov you request has been canceled. Reason:...... Canceled by:Ivanov"
How it possible?
Many thanks
6 REPLIES
Niraj Prabhu
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Request notification question

Hi,

For canceling a request, the request type provides a default button in the Status Section. If you are using that to cancel the request which changes the status of the request to Cancelled; then as an alternative provide a new decision step within the request and track this decision step to send out a notification.

You can introduce an execution step within workflow where the cancel decision will trigger notification as desired.

Let me know if this is of any help.

Regards,
Niraj
Niraj P.
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.

The options to notify on field changes is indeed very limited. Some time ago I filed an ER on this issue; maybe you want to do the same.
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Thanks to all
Niraj - i dont't need change FW
Sascha - how many time HP do ER
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Standard response:
"Thank you very much for your detailed scenario description. I filed an Product Enhancement (enhancementID: 205460) for your request.
This means that our development team will look over the enhancement, evaluate it and decide on the best time to include it in the product."
We all hope for better times?!
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Many Thanks for ALL
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sascha, good day.
We resolve a problem:
Set Rule in Request type for update field 2 in value "X"on updat value in field 1. Field 1 not alloved in notification list on request. Arter this we set notif on change field 2 to value "X" and close request.
It's ALL