Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Request get stocked when reopening

Highlighted
Gerardo Gamez
Respected Contributor.

Request get stocked when reopening

Hi,

I have cancelled one request and then reopened to move the request to a previous workflow step, previously I defined the reopen step in the workflow but when I click on Cancel Request button and then click on Reopen Request button, the request still appearing in Cancelled status, I checked in database and is displaying the status as IN_PROGRESS so I want to know what could I do?

Thanks and regards.

Gerardo

3 REPLIES
sebastianrm
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Request get stocked when reopening

Gerardo, the request status is cancelled or the step is cancelled.

If u check the workflow it does not show the supposed status?? 

Sebastián

Gerardo Gamez
Respected Contributor.

Sebastian,

The workflow does not show a status of cancelled, only the request shows it but if I check directly on DB the status_id is cancelled but the status_code is IN_PROGRESS

Jim Esler
Acclaimed Contributor.

There is a remote possibility you are seeing a caching issue. Are you running a server cluster? Have you tried clearing caches?

Does the step that you are moving to have a status value set? If not, the status value would retain its previous value, namely 'Cancelled'.

In order to deal with those situations where we wanted to change the active step in a request to one that did not have an established transition, we built a 'move request' request that built and executed the ksc_move_request_workflow special command. It works great and requires no temporary changes to the request types running in production.