Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel

Request creation error

Highlighted
Onur Eroglu
Frequent Contributor.

Request creation error

Hello,

I am taking this error message when I am creating a request and passing from a decision step to another on workflow.Does anyone have any solution of this error.Thank you.

---------------------------------------------
com.kintana.core.field.bean.SectionField
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.kintana.core.field.bean.SectionField
at com.kintana.crt.util.CRTXRequestUtils.getCustomHeaderFieldValue(CRTXRequestUtils.java:986)
at com.kintana.core.util.FLSRuleUtils.handleRulesForFLS(FLSRuleUtils.java:212)
at com.kintana.core.util.FLSRuleUtils.handleRulesForFLS(FLSRuleUtils.java:56)
at com.kintana.crt.web.ctrl.RequestLookaheadController.lookahead(RequestLookaheadController.java:934)
at org.apache.jsp.web.knta.crt.RequestLookahead_jsp._jspService(RequestLookahead_jsp.java:164)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:334)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:688)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:658)
at org.apache.jsp.web.knta.crt.RequestUpdate_jsp._jspService(RequestUpdate_jsp.java:180)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServle

5 REPLIES
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Request creation error

Hi Onur,

Is there any field on the request type that has been modified? For example, a field is moved around some place else, or a text field is converted to a numeric field or simply any kind of a change in a field or a rule refering to such field or so?
Onur Eroglu
Frequent Contributor.

Hi Darshan,

Thank you for your reply

Since we are receiving new requests from our customers, we have done so many changes on fields and it is really hard to trace which changes have been made exactly.I have checked all rules(and even I closed all of them) but I am still having this error.If it is because of inconsistency on fields change, would creating request type and its fields again solve this problem?
Darshan Bavisi
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Onur,

This one may really become lengthy and complex to resolve, but hoping there aren't much fields throwing this error but only one or two of them.

1. Do you have original copies of the request types that you have modified?

2. Is this error coming only after migration to the destination instance or is it coming in your source environment where the fields have been modified?

3. Can you send the error messages coming in the serverLog.txt file?

4. Can you enable to Debug mode of the errors in the system and then also send the entire error messages coming in the serverLog.txt file?
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi, the error message says something about a problem with "handleRulesForFLS", so I would first look for fields with field level security configurations and especially those with rules set there that involve custom tokens.
Though, I've never seen this error even with invalid tokens in FLS, usually they just don't resolve then.
Regards
Sascha
Onur Eroglu
Frequent Contributor.

I have noticed that this error occurs because of field level security.I omitted all field level securities and it works now.However, even I add any field level security, it occurs again.I am creating request type again with assigning field level securities and it looks ok.

Thank you both for spending your time and REALLY help me to find out this problem.