cancel

Request Types vs Request Header Types

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Tweed
Trusted Contributor.

Request Types vs Request Header Types

We have created a propoal request type that uses a proposal request header type. We have also created a project request type and project request header type. A user inputs information that is in the proposal header type and since the same fields exist in the project header type the values are kept. this is good. We are noticing that when a user inputs values in the proposal request type it does not come over to the project request type. Does anyone know the reason for this? We are wanting to have a proposal where users input information and when it turns into a project have those same values populate the project fields of the same name. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES
Vinod Jadhav
Super Contributor.
Solution

Re: Request Types vs Request Header Types

Make sure that you have same validations and same tokens for fields in the Proposal request type and Project request type. If token and validation values are same, data gets carried over form Proposal to Project form.

Regards
Vinod
Semenov Alexand
Acclaimed Contributor.

also, this field need have same storage parameters (for custom fields).
Tweed
Trusted Contributor.

Can the storage parameters be set on UI?
Is this something I will need to do in the database itself?
I was wondering if there was anyway to specify the storage parameters.
Thanks for the responses!!
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can the storage parameters be set on UI? - Yes, It can be sent on UI, Please see the snapshot.

Is this something I will need to do in the database itself? - No, It is not a setting in DB.

I hope there is no need to set the storage parameters as same in the proposal and Project for the fields to be copied over. Please see whether the Token Names and Validation names match and check whether the fields are copied over.

Once in a blue moon one or two fields will not be copied over... For those cases alone try to match the Storage parameters. It is my experience that it is not needed for all custom fields.

If you developing a new Proposal/Project then it is the work worth doing it. If you are modifying existing Proposal/Project.... I advice proceed with caution.

Regards,
Mahendran M
Mahen M
Acclaimed Contributor.

Sorry the attachment.

Regards,
Mahendran M