Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Type

Highlighted
mridula
Occasional Contributor

Request Type

I have the admin access in HP PPM but not able to create a new request type. When I click the new button in the request type window its not showing any error even. Please suggest.

Thanks
8 REPLIES
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

Re: Request Type

You need to have the Edit Request Types access grant to do this. Add this to an appropriate security group and add yourself to that group. You probably need additional access grants, too.

In Release 6.0, configruation security is discussed in Chapter 10 of the Security Model Guide and Reference.
mridula
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jim,
I have added all the access grants that are available for Demand Module to a security group and assigned that security group to the user. But still not able to create the request type in HP PPM.

Thanks...
Niraj Prabhu
Frequent Visitor

Hello Mridula,

In addition to the security access, you should look at the User Access tab of Request Type to see if it is been restricted for specific group.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Niraj
Niraj P.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

I believe you are trying to create a new request type, not create a new request using an existing request type. The user must have a Configuration license to do this, I believe, but since they can open this part of the workbench this must already be assigned. If licenses and access grants are ok, the user should be able to create a new request type or copy an existing one. Can the user open existing request types in the workbench?
mridula
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jim,
I am able to edit/open/copy an existing request type.
Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

According to the reference manual, the Edit Request Types access grant will let you "Create, edit, and delete request types in the Request Types Workbench." If you can edit request types but cannot create new ones, something must be wrong with the application. You could try clearing the cache and recompiling the jsp code, but that is a shot in the dark. You will probably need to open a case with HP.
Gaurav Mittal
Occasional Contributor

I would suggest just go to User Access tab in the Request Type and check who all have create rights on the Request. I think the problem is that your security group does not have create rights. Since its a HP standard functionality so I do not think there will be a bug in this. Its just a configuration issue.

Regards
Gaurav
PPM Guru
Occasional Contributor

This is an old known issue. The error is onlu displayed in the java console. Enable the java console and the press the new button again. Hopefully will the error message give you some clue to what is causing the error.
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event