Request Type field in Advanced Search

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Dana Swanger_1
Valued Contributor.

Request Type field in Advanced Search

7.5 SP3

On the Demand Management search page, Request Type automatically shows as a default column to show in search results, but when you use Advanced Search, it is no longer selectable as a displayed column unless you set it to be displayed on the request, which we do not want because the request type is already displayed at the top of the request. We have it set with Display as N and Display on Search/Filter as Y but it doesn't show up on the search page unless Display is set to Y.

I already had the idea to set Display to Y in the request header (where the field is) and then set visible to No in Status Dependencies but that field doesn't seem to show up in Status Dependencies no matter what.

Anyone have any ideas I may not have thought of?
2 REPLIES
Sascha Mohr
Acclaimed Contributor.
Solution

Re: Request Type field in Advanced Search

Hi.
That's by design and has not changed in Release 8. You would need to make it visible and then put it read-only to the top-right or so in the layout.
Dana Swanger_1
Valued Contributor.

Re: Request Type field in Advanced Search

Ugh, that doesn't make a lot of sense considering you can always see Request Type as a column on the main search page, even if you don't have it set to display on search/filter but I'll feel free to take that up in a ticket to HP. Thanks! :-)