Request Stuck with No Available Actions

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Request Stuck with No Available Actions

Hi,
Status Dependency somehow got messed up during migration and Tester field requirement got Removed during migration and unfortunately a user pushed the request to testing step without putting in the value in the tester field. So, request is now stuck in Decision Step in Workflow with "no available action" . Even the Approval Details says "No active steps" hence the request is not eligible to anyone. Even when I add admin to the workflow security now, nothings happens.
I remember I used a script to push these kinds of request a long time ago.
We are still in 6.0 and are in process of upgrading.
Can anyone of you help me regarding this ?
Thanks.
-Raj
11 REPLIES
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Request Stuck with No Available Actions

I tried using one of the solution Semenov Alexander had suggested here in this Forum a while ago but No Luck.When I use his suggestion:
ksc_move_request_workflow REQUEST_ID="31688" FROM_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="1" EVENT_NAME="FORCE_TRANSITION" RESULT_VISIBLE_VALUE="Decissions" TO_WORKFLOW_STEP_SEQ="2"

I am getting:
An error occurred during command parsing.
(KNTA-10127) Unknown or out of sequence command:

I just have a requirement to push this request to Next step in WF - currently it is stuck with "No Available Actions/No active steps".
Would any one of you have any idea on this please.
-Raj
Jim Bowen
Trusted Contributor.

Raj,
The workflow must be on one of the steps. If you add your admin role to that step, you should see an 'override' button. Have you confirmed from the graphical view that the workflow is on the step you think it is?

I assume that the security on the step is supposed to allow the 'tester' to take action, via a token. Maybe you can populate that field from the database side with the proper value, and then the user should be able to take action.

Jim
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for the response Jim !!

I did try adding admin to that Step but its not helping. The Token is correct since other requests are functing just fine. It just seems somehow this request got pushed without Tester value by status dependency error.
This step is "Approve All" step, may be it has somethig to do with that ??

The only other suggestion I have been getting from some HP Techs is to try Workflow Open Interface which sounds a lot of work for a single request.
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi.
You could try the following. For the workflow in question set the re-open step to your test-step (the one that should be active), then cancel and re-open the request using an admin user account. This should restart the wf at the appropriate step and still keep a history in the transaction details.
Finally set the reopen step in the workflow definition back to what it was before.
hth
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks Sascha.
But wouldn't cancelling also cancel the associated Package ? That is the whole problem here. The Package that is currently associated with this request is pretty important and we don't want that getting Cancelled.
Any ideas ?
-Raj
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Even When I try WF Open Interface by populating KWFL_TRANSACTIONS_INT and running Run Workflow Transaction Interface Report, it is not helping :-(

Its giving me: "Workflow step is not eligible" Error :-(

Would appreciate if anyone can give me any additional ideas. Thanks.
-Raj
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.

We don't use deployment management here, so I cannot be sure. But if the package was added to the reference section with a relation like "is related to this request" the package should not be touched by cancelling/re-opening the request.
What's the relationship between both like?
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

It does say "related to the request". But these Packages get created within Request WF that was the reason I wasn't sure.
I am trying to re-create the schenario(No Available Actions/No Active Step) in my Test instance and see if your suggestion works out.
Sascha Mohr_1
Outstanding Contributor.
Solution

In this case, if you use the button in the bottom right corner of the status section of the request, nothing will happen to the package. It is not the same as cancelling a request through workflow actions which may be designed to cancel related objects too. These cancel/re-open actions down in the status section are shortcuts, that in most cases should be available to a limited group of users. You said you are using 6.0? If I remember this correctly, you can define in the request type who will be able to cancel requests of that type. The re-open action is connected to this type of access right (this is different in more recent releases, unfortunately).
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks a Lot Sascha !!
ALthough we did have to deal with some package issues as the request was getting cancelled in SWF and had to be Re-opened in the first step of SWF where we had to re-create the package again, your suggestion definately helped us with our issue.
After minor changes to the request data to point the flow of the Request, the Cancellation and Re-Open idea worked like a Charm.
Thanks !!!
Raj Ghimire
Outstanding Contributor.

Issue taken care of using Cancel and Re-Open. See above. Thanks.