The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday 7:30am (PST)
Project and Portfolio Management Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Status related query

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Request Status related query

Hi All,

Please refer to the attached workflow and the query is:
We also have a field "Approved needed?" (with values YES/NO).
If the spend (a field for Req Type) is >100K then request should directly go to "Approval" Decision step else it should ask the user "Approved needed?". We are calculating the spend in exec step2.

We are asking for reconfirmation of the field "Approved needed?" at Request status given on exec step ""Approved Required?" as we cannot ask it before that.

Now the problem is:
1) If there is no request status on exec steps 1 & 2. When complete action is taken by the user and the spend is <100K then it gets stuck at exec step ""Approved Required?".

Can somebody guide me what can be done to achieve this?

Hope I am clear on my point. Let me know if any information is needed.

Thanks!
Mohit Agrawal

4 REPLIES
Erik Cole
Honored Contributor

Re: Request Status related query

Is it getting stuck because there is no value for "Approved needed?" Is this a question that can get answered at Decision 1?

It sounds like 19 needs to be a decision step and not an execution...

Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor

Hi Erik,

yes correct it's getting stuck because there is no value for "Approval Needed?" field. And we cannot ask for this at decision step1.

Originally wwe used to ask this field "Approval needed?" at step1 and based on the Yes/No selected it would go through..

Now the requirement is that the request should not ask for the field if the spend is >$100K else it should ask..

So, we have put an exec step2 to calculate the spend. If spend is 100K then it will go to Approval decision step...

But we are not able to ask for the "Approval Needed?" field when spend is <100K...

Thanks!!

Mohit Agrawal

Jim Esler
Honored Contributor

You can add additional values to the transition between steps 64 and 19 to include a Null result or all other results.

Mohit_Agrawal
Frequent Visitor
Solution

We have made the "Approval Required?" a decision step and it resolved our query..
Thanks Jim for your replies..
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event